Player Waiver, Release of Liability, Indemnification Agreement Roster
I, the undersigned player, acknowledge, agree and understand that:
1. Voluntarily and of my own free will, I elect to participate as a member of the Becker Brewing Co. KanJam League.
2. I understand that there are certain risks and hazards involved in participating in kanjam or any other sport that may result in injury or death to me or other players, including, but not limited to those hazards associated with weather conditions, playing conditions, equipment and other participants.
3. I understand that sliding into base is dangerous to me and to other players and may result in serious injury or death.
4. I understand that the very nature of the game of kickball and any other sport is hazardous and risky, including, but not limited to, the acts of pitching, throwing, fielding and catching of the ball, the kicking of the ball, running, jumping, stretching, sliding, diving, and collisions with other players and with stationary objects, all of which can cause serious injury or death to me and to other players.
Further, I, the undersigned player, agree that in consideration for the right to play as a member of the team and in consideration for permission to play on the fields arranged for by the team or Becker Brewing Co:
1. I voluntarily elect to accept and assume all risks of injury incurred or suffered by me (a) while practicing or playing as a member of the team so designated, (b) while serving in a non-playing capacity as team member during practice or play by other teams or by other players on my team, and (c) while on or upon the premises of any and all of the fields arranged for by my team or Becker Brewing Co. for practice or play.
2. I release, discharge and agree not to sue the team, Becker Brewing Co, field owner or other entity, or any person or entity connected with the team and Becker Brewing Co. Costs or cause of action which I have or may have in the future as a result of injuries or damages, sustained or incurred by me from whatever cause including but not limited to the negligence, breach of contract or wrongful conduct of the parties hereby released.
I further understand that games, parties, functions, meetings and more may be photographed or video recorded. This media may be used for advertising, promotions, website and more. I do allow Becker Brewing Co to use any media gathered for the manners mentioned without my consent.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND THAT I UNDERSTAND EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THE PROVISIONS IN THIS WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT AND THE SPORTSMANSHIP POLICY AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THEM.
The Becker Brewing Co Zero Tolerance For Poor Sportsmanship
The Becker Brewing Co KanJam League was started in the hopes of developing a social organization that at its core has a fundamental belief in sportsmanship, fair play and community building. It is the belief of the BBC KanJam League that all three of these important elements begin with individual members and extend to entire teams. Furthermore, it is the responsibility of every player, fan and supporter of the BBC KanJam League to ensure that they do their individual part to promote the core beliefs of the BBC KanJam League. While the appropriate level of competitive play is expected in the appropriate leagues, it shall be understood that at no time should the Spirit of the game or any player, fan or supporter be made to suffer at its expense. Everyone is charged with the responsibility of developing a bond of mutual respect among all players, adherence to agreed-upon rules of play/conduct, promoting the BBC KanJam League and for fostering a love for recreational sports. Actions such as taunting in an extreme manner, name calling, excessive profanity, dangerous aggression, intentional fouling, or other ‘win at all costs' behavior are hereby strictly forbidden and are considered contrary to both the Spirit of the game and to the Mission of the BBC KanJam League and must be avoided by all players.
Failure to do so will have severe consequences.
The Becker Brewing Co KanJam League has instituted a Zero Tolerance Policy for poor sportsmanship, extremely aggressive behavior, trash talking that does not fit within the BBC KanJam League code of conduct and for any behavior that is “contrary to the Spirit of the Game.” Furthermore, excessive profanity, especially stemming from disagreements or during taunting will not be permitted and will be considered an example of poor sportsmanship and will be subject to penalties.
ENTIRE TEAMS WILL BE PENALIZED FOR THE BEHAVIOR OF INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS. Teams are expected to police the behavior of their members for the entire duration of the season at hand regardless of whether or not they are currently playing. Any extreme behavior occurring in the stands, after games or at any later date anywhere BBC KanJam League members are assembled will be subject to the same penalties. Understand that if any member of a team or person known to be associated directly with that team is ejected from the game or farm for any violation or if a person is a constant source of controversy, THE ENTIRE TEAM MAY BE SUBJECT TO PENALTY. Any player ejected from a game for any reason will be fined 50.00 before they can play in another game. Captains are expected to be the first line of prevention and expected to police their members. If you cannot control a person on or off the field, you are expected to remove them from the BBC KanJam League for the benefit of your team, fellow players and for the good of the league. If not, your entire team will suffer penalties. No exceptions.
IT IS UNDERSTOOD THAT THIS IS EVERYONE’S ONLY WARNING!!!
BBC management will investigate all infractions fairly and aggressively and everyone is reminded of the following fact: as commissioners of this league, we will have final say on all matters. We also reserve the right to consult with anyone we see fit. If warranted, any of the following penalties may be additionally imposed for unsportsmanlike conduct or any behavior that is “contrary to the Spirit of BBC KanJam Leagues:
(a) The offending individual may be banned from all future BBC League events and will not be allowed in BBC facilities.
(b) The offending player’s team may be further penalized with a 1 week suspension meaning any games scheduled for the following week will be forfeited and the team and its members will not be permitted in BBC facilities for that week.
(c) The offending team may be dropped from the remainder of the schedule or season. No refunds will ever be issued.
(d) The offending team and any players associated with that team may not again be allowed to participate in the BBC KanJam League; penalties are not limited to only those listed.
Any violations occurring during playoffs, tournaments or charitable events will be considered the most extreme and teams may be immediately forfeited from the remaining games. Additionally, if that team participates in the next season, they will forfeit their first game.
Printed Name: ________________________________________________